When it comes to impact drivers, having the right torque limiter can make all the difference. Torque limiters help to ensure that you don’t over tighten your screws and damage the material you are working on. This article will discuss the best torque limiters for an impact driver and the advantages of using them.
10pc 1/2″ Drive Torque Limiting Extension Bar Set, Torque Extensi
Why We Loved It
- 10-PIECE SET: This handy torque stick set by Orion Motor Tech includes 10 torque sticks with the most commonly needed limits—65, 75, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, and 150 ft.-lb.—working with your 1/2-inch impact wrench to deliver safe effective tightening to your vehicle’s lug nuts
- BALL-DETENT DESIGN: The spring-loaded detent ball design on these torque extension bars provides highly accurate, fast, reliable, and repeatable response to any torque overload, disengaging the tool and preventing damage to your wheels and car
- EASY IDENTIFICATION: Each torque bar is color coded and laser etched with its torque rating so you can quickly grab the right tool for each job every time
- CUSTOM CASE: OMT includes a heavy-duty blow-molded carry case for easy organization, storage, and transport between jobs
- BUILT TO LAST: Precision crafted from high-quality chromoly steel protected with a manganese phosphate outer coating, our torque bars offer superior strength, longevity, and corrosion resistance under even punishing use
Honda 28150-Hn8-000 Limiter, Torque
Why We Loved It
- HONDA TORQUE LIMITER ASSEMBLY 2003-2005 TRX650 2006-2018 TRX680 28150-HN8-000
Wheeler F.A.T. Stix With 12 Screwdriver Bits, 5 Torque Limiters,
Why We Loved It
- INCLUDES: 12 popular screwdriver bits and 5 torque limiters with a convenient soft carry case for storage
- DIMENSIONS: 5.5″ L x 5.5″ W x 1.5″ D and 2.5 lbs
- DESIGN: T-handle has a convenient grip and spin section for added comfort during use
- SPECS: ½” socket with ¼” drive bit, torque limiters are in 15, 25, 35, 45, and 65 inch/pounds
- GUARANTEED: This product is covered by a limited lifetime warranty provided by Wheeler. Please contact Wheeler customer service for assistance
- EASE OF USE: This compact preset torque wrench set takes the guesswork out of setting screws at the correct torque. Simply attach the preset torque limiter to the t-handle, insert the desired bit, and set your screw to the right specs
FIX IT STICKS FISTL20 20 Inch LBS Small Portable Torque Limiter
Why We Loved It
- UNIVERSAL FIT – Each torque limiter accepts any standard 1/4″ bit and fits into any standard 1/4″ driver
- AUDIBLE CLICK – When Inch Lbs is reached audible “Click” is heard; the limiter “spins” preventing further torque from being applied
- 20 SMALL TORQUE LIMITER – Applies 20 inch lbs of torque to fastener with a Purple color-coding band for quick torque value identification
- NO MORE OVER-TIGHTENING – Torque limiters prevent over-tightening of fasteners and save equipment, whether it is action screws, scope mounts or anything else, from being damaged
- LIFETIME ACCURACY – The Fix It Sticks torque limiters are accurate to within +/- 6 percent, and retain that accuracy for 20,000 cycles
CASOMAN 5 Piece 1/2″ Drive Torque Limiting Extension Bar Set, 65
Why We Loved It
- Made from premium impact grade chrome molybdenum steel alloy with black electroplate finish for enhanced durability.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI performance standards. It comes with 1 year quality warranty.
- 1/2-Inch drive torque limiting extension bar set, 140Ft-Lbs(190Nm), 120Ft-Lbs(160Nm), 100Ft-Lbs(135Nm), 80Ft-Lbs(110Nm), 65Ft-Lbs(90Nm)
- Safe and efficient way to use these torque extension bars with an impact wrench to ensure consistently accurate torque for your fasteners.
- Spring loaded ball at the end of bar locks socket into place for security and prevents dropping.
Checklist Before Getting Your Torque Limiters for Impact Driver
Picking the right Torque Limiters for Impact Driver can be tricky with all of the options and misinformation out there. This guide will help you make a decision quickly and confidently so you don’t have to spend hours second-guessing yourself or breaking the bank.
Compare Prices of Similar Products
To start, take a look at the prices of similar products to get a general idea of what you can expect to pay. This will enable you to determine whether or not an offer is truly as good as it seems and avoid getting scammed by cheap knock-offs or overpriced units.
Research Reviews from Other Customers
Next, do some research into what other customers have thought about their purchases. This can help you spot any red flags or common issues with specific models so that you don’t end up wasting your money on a product that may end up breaking down quickly or not meeting your needs.
Look for Additional Warranties or After-Sales Support
Finally, be sure to check whether there are any additional warranties or after-sales support that you may be entitled to. This can help protect your purchase and ensure that you won’t have to worry about unexpected costs or having to pay for repairs down the road.
Carefully Check the Product Specs
Of course, it is also important to carefully check the product specs before making a purchase. This can you get a better sense of what to expect from your unit, whether it will meet all of your particular needs, and how long it is likely to last.
How Much Are They Charging for Shipping?
Make sure to look into the company’s shipping policies before checking out. This can help you determine whether or not they are charging a fair price for shipping and avoid any unexpected surprises at checkout.
Don’t Fall Victim to Scams and Fraud
Take caution against getting scammed. Young users, in particular, worry about fraudsters and their various schemes to access your personal information, such as usernames and passwords. While there are many trustworthy websites out there, some dishonest ones try to pass themselves off as online shopping stores in order to get information from you.
But how can you tell if a website is fake? Google Trusted Stores is a verification system for all online shopping sites that let users know which shop they can trust with their business.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the maximum torque rating of the torque limiter?
The maximum torque rating of the torque limiter will depend on the specific model, as torque ratings can vary between models.
2. Does the torque limiter have adjustable torque settings?
No, the torque limiter does not have adjustable torque settings.
3. What are the most common applications for this torque limiter?
Common applications for torque limiters include conveyor systems, robotics, packaging machines, printing presses, and winding machines.
4. Are there any safety features built into the torque limiter?
Yes, there are several safety features built into the torque limiter. These include an overload protection system, a clutch brake mechanism, an adjustable torque limit setting, and a temperature control system. All of these safety features work together to help protect the user and the equipment from damage or injury due to excessive torque.
5. Is the torque limiter compatible with different types of impact drivers?
Yes, the torque limiter is compatible with different types of impact drivers.