Rear radar detectors are a must-have for drivers who want to stay safe on the roads. They provide an extra layer of protection by alerting drivers to potential dangers in their rearview mirror. With so many options on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. This article will help you find the best rear radar detector for your needs by discussing the features and benefits of the top models available.
ESCORT MAX360 Laser Radar Detector – GPS, Directional Alerts, Dua
Here’s What We Have Found
- Simple communication – Escort Max 360 makes locating and identifying threats easy. Directional arrows display the location of threats while a high-resolution graphic display shows the type, strength and quantity of signals plus real-time speed limit data
- Unmatched detection – Escort Max 360’s front and rear antennas scan rapidly in all directions harnessing the lightening-fast focus of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to find threats faster and more accurately than any other detector.
- Escort raises the bar once again by adding directional indication to its award-winning Max detector line. The all-new Escort Max 360 provides drivers with extreme range, state of the art response time, pinpoint precision and directional alert display
- Rich data plus the power of community – Escort Max 360 protects drivers beyond conventional radar and laser threats by preloading our Defender Database of thousands of red light and speed camera locations in North America.
- Unmatched precision – Escort’s Max 360’s five levels of filtering ensure the quietest ride. Escort combines three driving modes plus speed-based sensitivity, Cruise Alert and seamless connectivity via Bluetooth to its Escort Live app.
Uniden R7 EXTREME LONG RANGE Laser/Radar Detector, Built-in GPS W
Here’s What We Have Found
- VOICE ALERTS – Voice warnings allow for hands-free operation and provide clear communication. Voice Alerts are programmable to fit your driving style so you can keep your eyes on the road with no distractions.
- UNSURPASSED RANGE & SENSITIVITY – Industry Leading Performance with Advanced False Alert Filtering is THE choice for drivers who demand the highest level of protection against speeding tickets.
- RED LIGHT AND SPEED CAMERA ALERTS – Preloaded Red Light and Speed Camera locations with Free Database and Firmware updates ensures your detector will never be out of date.
- LARGE MULTI-COLOR OLED DISPLAY – is easy-to-Read and allows for more useful information to be displayed at once, including up to 4 signals simultaneously. This improves your overall situational awareness.
- DUAL ANTENNA’S WITH DIRECTIONAL ARROWS – allows the R7 to detect threats from all 4 directions 360° protection, with Arrows displaying the direction of the threat, it even shows the band & signal strength for each. Perfect just got better!
- GPS TECHNOLOGY – Using GPS the R7 can remember and mute common false alerts (such as retail store automatic doors) along your regularly driven routes so you never have to listen to the same false alert twice.
Radar Detector Mount, Car Rear View Mirror Radar Detector Mount,
Here’s What We Have Found
- Compatible models: Cobra, Escort, Valentine One, Beltronics, The width of the mount connecting the radar detector port is 0.86 inches, Please confirm the size of the radar detector insertion port before purchasing
- No More Troublesome Suction Cups and Install in Most Cars min Minutes PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE AT LEAST 1 INCH OF STEM SPACE TO INSTALL THIS MOUNT (Not Compatible w/Corvette & vehicle with short stem)
- The rear view mirror radar detector mount is easy to install and can be easily used in the second vehicle without tools
- The rearview mirror mounting base is made of ABS environment-friendly raw materials, The radar detector mount ball joint adapter is made of alloy materials,The surface is anodized to improve corrosion resistance, wear resistance and heat resistance
- Brand New in Package（Manufacturer direct replacement warranty）
MvToe Car Rear View Mirror Radar Detector Mount for Escort Passpo
Here’s What We Have Found
- Not Compatible: w/Corvette & vehicle with short stem.
- Compatible Escort Models: Passport 9500i, Passport 8500×50, Passport 8500, Passport 7500S, Passport 7500, Passport S55, S75, 6800, 5000, 4600, 4500, and 4200 Radar, Solo S2, Solo S3, Solo S4.
- Note: You need at least 1 inch of clear space to mount this mount on the mirror.
- Not for Escort IX & MAX Series.
- Compatible Beltronics Radar: GX65 Red，GX55, RX65, RX55, V6, V8, V10, V12, Pro 100, Pro 200, Pro 300, Pro 500, Vector 995, Vector 965, Vector 955, Newer Vector 940, Vector 895, Express 795, STi Magnum, STi Driver.
Cobra RAD 480i Laser Radar Detector – Long Range Detection, Bluet
Here’s What We Have Found
- Long Range Detection – Next generation updateable IVT Filter and advanced anti-falsing circuitry intelligently reduces false alerts from blind spot systems and other vehicle avoidance systems.
- Front and Rear Detection – Cobra’s new LaserEye technology detects signals from both the front and rear of your vehicle, giving you all around protection wherever your adventures take you.
- iRadar App – Know what lies on the road ahead. Receive real-time alerts to red light, speed camera, and law enforcement activity from a community of over three million drivers.
- Everything You Need – The Cobra RAD 480i radar detector comes with a 12V vehicle power cord, suction cup car windshield mount, and a hook and loop fastener for dash mounting, for wherever the road takes you.
- Early Warnings – Digital Signal Processing provides faster processing for all incoming laser gun signals and rapidly provides accurate alerts, making you aware of a threat before it is right in front of you.
Checklist Before Getting Your Rear Radar Detectors
Picking the right Rear Radar Detectors can be tricky with all of the options and misinformation out there. This guide will help you make a decision quickly and confidently so you don’t have to spend hours second-guessing yourself or breaking the bank.
Compare Prices of Similar Products
To start, take a look at the prices of similar products to get a general idea of what you can expect to pay. This will enable you to determine whether or not an offer is truly as good as it seems and avoid getting scammed by cheap knock-offs or overpriced units.
Research Reviews from Other Customers
Next, do some research into what other customers have thought about their purchases. This can help you spot any red flags or common issues with specific models so that you don’t end up wasting your money on a product that may end up breaking down quickly or not meeting your needs.
Look for Additional Warranties or After-Sales Support
Finally, be sure to check whether there are any additional warranties or after-sales support that you may be entitled to. This can help protect your purchase and ensure that you won’t have to worry about unexpected costs or having to pay for repairs down the road.
Carefully Check the Product Specs
Of course, it is also important to carefully check the product specs before making a purchase. This can you get a better sense of what to expect from your unit, whether it will meet all of your particular needs, and how long it is likely to last.
How Much Are They Charging for Shipping?
Make sure to look into the company’s shipping policies before checking out. This can help you determine whether or not they are charging a fair price for shipping and avoid any unexpected surprises at checkout.
Don’t Fall Victim to Scams and Fraud
Take caution against getting scammed. Young users, in particular, worry about fraudsters and their various schemes to access your personal information, such as usernames and passwords. While there are many trustworthy websites out there, some dishonest ones try to pass themselves off as online shopping stores in order to get information from you.
But how can you tell if a website is fake? Google Trusted Stores is a verification system for all online shopping sites that let users know which shop they can trust with their business.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the features of the best rear radar detectors?
The best rear radar detectors should feature: 1. Long-range detection: The detector should be able to detect radar signals from far away, giving drivers more time to adjust their speed. 2. Multi-band detection: The detector should be able to detect all common types of radar signals. 3. False-alert filtering: The best rear radar detectors should be able to filter out false alerts, such as from automatic door openers and other nearby electronic devices. 4. GPS-enabled: GPS capabilities are important for providing additional data to help the detector identify and avoid false alerts. 5. Easy-to-use display: The display should be easy to read and understand, with clear indication of what type of signal has been detected. 6. Advanced features: Some of the best rear radar detectors will have features such as automatic speed-based sensitivity adjustment, which can be beneficial in certain scenarios.
2. How do rear radar detectors alert you of potential threats?
Rear radar detectors alert you of potential threats by using an audible alarm. When the radar detector senses a radar signal, it will sound an alarm to alert you of the potential threat.
3. How do rear radar detectors compare to front radar detectors in terms of performance?
Rear radar detectors can generally detect radar signals from farther away than front radar detectors, as they are typically located at the back of the vehicle where they can detect signals from the rear as well as the sides. However, the performance of rear radar detectors can be affected by the shape of the vehicle, as well as any obstructions in the rear of the vehicle.
4. Are rear radar detectors difficult to install?
No, rear radar detectors are usually quite easy to install. Most models come with detailed instructions and all necessary mounting hardware. However, it is important to make sure that the detector is properly mounted and wired for optimum performance.
5. Are rear radar detectors legal in all states?
No, rear radar detectors are not legal in all states. Some states have laws that prohibit the use of radar detectors, which includes the use of rear radar detectors.