The ignition control module is an important part of the ignition system of a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado. It is responsible for controlling the spark timing, fuel delivery, and other related functions. In this article, we will discuss the best ignition control module for the 1998 Chevy Silverado. We will review the features of the available options, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each. Finally, we will provide our recommendation on which ignition control module is best for your Silverado.
Ignition Coil With Control Module ICM Compatible With 1996-2007 B
Why We Loved It
- 【Brand】GAM was established in 1999 & remains a leader in high quality ignition system parts. Our ignition coils feature high quality copper winding providing high-energy output, superior reliable spark, increased efficiency, & long life. Our igntion control modules feature double wire bonds for better connections, copper slug heat sinks provide better heat dissipation, high-temp polymer housing to reduce moisture intrusion & minimizes vibration damage for extended life & improved reliability.
- 【Compatibility】Compatible With Silverado 1500 4.3 1999-2007, Tahoe 5.7 1996-2000 Suburban 5.7 7.4 1996-1999 ~ GMC: C/K 1500 Pickup 4.3 5.0 5.7 1996-1999, C/K 2500 Pickup 5.0 5.7 7.4 1996-2000, C/K 3500 Pickup 5.7 7.4 1996-2000, C3500HD Pickup 7.4 1996-2000, Jimmy 4.3 1996-2005, Safari 4.3 1996-2005, Savana 4.3 5.0 5.7 7.4 1996-2007, Sierra 1500 4.3 1999-2007, Sonoma Pickup 4.3 1996-2004, Yukon 5.7 1996-2000 ~ Oldsmobile: Bravada 4.3 1996-2001 ~ Pontiac: Firebird 5.7 1996-1997
- 【Compatibility】Compatible With Buick: Roadmaster 5.7 1996 ~ Cadillac: Escalade 5.7 1999-2000, Fleetwood 5.7 1996 ~ Chevrolet: Astro 4.3 1996-2005, Blazer 4.3 1996-2005, C/K 1500 Pickup 4.3 5.0 5.7 1996-1999, C/K 2500 Pickup 5.0 5.7 7.4 1996-2000, C/K 3500 Pickup 5.7 7.4 1996-2000, C3500HD Pickup 7.4 1996-2000, Camaro 5.7 1996-1997, Caprice 4.3 5.7 1996, Corvette 5.7 1996, Express Van 4.3 5.0 5.7 7.4 1996-2007, Impala 5.7 1996, P30 Van 4.3 5.7 7.4 1996-1999, S10 Pickup 4.3 1996-2004
- 【Interchange Part Numbers】Compatible With AC Delco D577, D512C, BS3009, D579, 21664 General Motors 10458133, 10489421, 19207138, 10482803, 16201599 Isuzu 8104894210, 8104828030, 8162015990, 8162089610 Standard Motor Products SMP DR49, LX381 Borg Warner BWD E208, CBE122 Denso 6737100 NTK 48604 Beck Arnley 1788262 Delphi CE20003, DS10039 Spectra Premium C594, IG1001M Magneti Marelli 1AMIC00009 World Power Systems CDR49 United Motor Products C549, M1599 Wells C1098, DR178
- 【Warranty】This auto part is covered by our 30 Day HASSLE-FREE return period & a 12 months replacement promise. Our goal is excellent customer service, so buy with confidence. 【Package】Includes the ignition coil, ignition control module (ICM), heat sink, and mounting bracket assembly. This is a complete replacement solution making for easy installation.
Dade Ignition Control Module 8104828030 8162015990 DS10039
Why We Loved It
- Click “ADD TO CART” Now, and You Will Enjoy Three YEAR Replacement and Refund Warranty.In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will replace the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser
- Package Including: 1pcs Ignition Control Module. Mounting screws not included. This include cooling thermal grease.(Make sure you use all of the grease that comes with it. I would even suggest getting more and using it. Heat is what kills these control modules, and the grease helps insulate it.)
- Note:before choose this item,please use the diagnostic test tool to check old Ignition Control Module,Started getting code P0351 .replace it got you back on the road.
- Connector / Terminal Configuration:Female Connector / 4 Male Blade
- Part Number:DR178,D579,823885,167569,10482803,16201599,8104828030, LX381,8162015990 ,8162089610, DS10039 M1599 CBE122 21664 6H1051 IG1001M
Twilight Garage Ignition Control Module LX381 10482803 Compatible
Why We Loved It
- 1 Year Warranty. At Twilight Garage, If you need any assistance, or just have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are dedicated to providing you with all of the information you need to make a confident purchase, and we continue to support you after your purchase.
- Compatible with GMC Jimmy V6 4.3L 1996-2005, Pickup C1500 1996-1998, Pickup C2500 V8 5.7L/7.4L 1996-2000, Pickup C3500 V8 5.7L/7.4L 1996-2000, Pickup K1500 V8 5.0L/5.7L 1996-1999, Van Savana 1500 V8 5.0L/5.7L 1996-2002, Yukon V8 5.7L 1996-2000 >>> Please click to see product description for more detailed compatibility.
- OEM part number: LX381, ,LX-368, LX381T, CBE122, 10482803, D579, DM579, DR178, 16201599, 21664, 8104828030, 8162015990, 8162089610, 28008597, 8-10482-803-0.
- Compatible with Cadillac Escalade V8 5.7L 1999-2000; Compatible with Chevrole Astro VAN V6 4.3L 1996-2005, Blazer V6 4.3L 1996-2005, Camaro V8 5.7L 1996-1997 Pickup C1500 C2500 C3500 V8 5.7L/7.4L 1996-2000, Silverado 1500 V6 4.3L 1999-2007 and more.
- Direct replacement – Meet or exceed OE specifications. Easy to install.
NewYall Ignition Coil With Control Module
Why We Loved It
- For 1998-1999 Oldsmobile Bravada
- For 1999-2000 Cadillac Escalade
- For 1998-2000 Isuzu Hombre; 1996-2002 NPR
- For 1996 Buick Commercial Chassis
Ignition Control Module for Cadillac Chevy GMC Isuzu Olds Pontiac
Why We Loved It
- Reference Number(s): 10482803,16201599,28008597,6H1051,8104828030,CBE122,CBE122P,D579,DR178,DR421H,DS10039,E273,LX381,LX381T,TP58,TP58SB
- 10 Year Warranty This item is backed by our 10-year warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will replace the part free of charge. This warranty covers the cost of the part only. Please note: Any modifications to an item of any kind before contacting us will void any and all warranty coverage for this item. Please contact us before modifying the part so that we have the opportunity to correct the situation.
Consider These Factors Before Buying Ignition Control Module 1998 Chevy Silverado
Before choosing which Ignition Control Module 1998 Chevy Silverado to test, we spent hours researching the specs and features. We read reviews from reliable sources that had extensive experience as well as customer reviews and ratings. We only checked the reliability of the latter on Fakespot, though.
After that, we narrowed our search based on the following criteria:
Are Specs Really Useful to You?
The first factor to consider is whether the specs are really useful to you. Different people value different things, so it’s important to do some introspection and determine which features are most important to your needs.
For instance, if you’re looking for a Ignition Control Module 1998 Chevy Silverado that is specifically designed for heavy-duty use, then you may want to prioritize things like durability and power over other factors like design or sleekness of the unit.
What Is Your Budget?
Next, think about what you’re willing and able to spend on Ignition Control Module 1998 Chevy Silverado. Keep in mind that you don’t always need top-of-the-line products – sometimes, generic or off-brand options can be just as good for half the price.
However, it’s also important not to skimp on quality and end up with a product that quickly breaks down or doesn’t perform as expected. So be sure to do your research and read reviews carefully before making any final decisions.
How Much Support Do You Need?
Finally, consider how much support you need when buying Ignition Control Module 1998 Chevy Silverado. Will you have access to customer service if something goes wrong? Is there additional warranty coverage or after-sales support available?
These factors can make a big difference in ensuring that you are satisfied with your purchase and won’t have to worry about getting stuck with an inferior unit or dealing with unexpected costs down the road. Ultimately, finding the right balance of these different factors will help you make the best decision possible when shopping for Ignition Control Module 1998 Chevy Silverado.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the ignition control module’s primary purpose?
The primary purpose of the ignition control module is to control the ignition system of a vehicle, by regulating the ignition timing and controlling the spark that is sent to the spark plugs.
2. How does the ignition control module affect engine performance?
The ignition control module affects engine performance by controlling the timing and firing of the spark plugs. It monitors engine speed, temperature, and other factors to adjust the timing of the spark plugs. This helps to ensure the engine is running at optimal performance by providing the correct spark at the correct time.
3. How is the ignition control module connected to the engine?
The ignition control module is connected to the engine through a wiring harness, which is typically located underneath the hood of the vehicle. The harness connects the module to the engine’s spark plugs, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, and other components. The module then sends signals to the engine’s computer, which control the timing and firing of the spark plugs.
4. What are the common signs of a faulty ignition control module?
Common signs of a faulty ignition control module include difficulty starting the engine, stalling, misfiring, and/or rough idling. Other signs may include an illuminated check engine light, an increase in fuel consumption, and/or a decrease in overall engine performance.
5. What are the recommended replacement parts for a 1998 Chevy Silverado ignition control module?
The recommended replacement part for a 1998 Chevy Silverado ignition control module is a Delphi GN10380 Ignition Control Module.