The Honda Prelude is a sports car that was first introduced in 1978 and continued to be produced until 2001. The 1997 Honda Prelude is a popular model that was known for its reliable performance, great handling, and powerful engine. One key component when it comes to maintaining optimal performance is the speed sensors. In this article, we will review the best 1997 Honda Prelude speed sensors available on the market.
HiSport Transmission Speed Sensor 78410SV4003 – Vehicle Speed Sen
Why We Loved It
- 【EASY INSTALL】-The vehicle speed sensor is usually installed in the transaxle case or transmission case, and the speed sensor signal line is usually installed in a shielded jacket.It is recommended to search for related installation videos on the Internet,and please wear goggles and start with the installation tool.But if you don’t have a similar experience, we recommend to ask support from the automotive specialist for the installation.
- 【SATISFACTION】-HiSport ensures brand new and high-quality speed sensor.In terms of any problem with this product,please contact us,our friendly assistants will always be available to help you within 24 hours.
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】-Our speed sensor transmission automatic uses the high quality and durable materials.All vehicle speed sensors are tested by our QA department before the packing,reaching or exceeding OEM quality.
- 【REMINDERS】-Please must read our description and pictures carefully to check details about our sensors,it must be completely the same,Or it will not fit your vehicle.Please use Amazon Part Finder above to verify fitment,if you can not make sure about your vehicle’s fitment,you can contact us to get more information you need.
- 【FUNCTION】-Transmission range sensor convert the pulses created by the contact between the magnet and sensor ring through a coil attached to the sensor. This voltage is passed along to the controller. The controller counts the number of pulses to determine wheel speed and evaluates whether the ABS system should intercede to control braking.
NewYall Transmission Trans Output Vehicle Speed Sensor VSS
Why We Loved It
- For Honda Accord 1992-1997; For Honda Civic 1992-1995
- For Acura CL 1997; For Acura NSX 1993-2005; For Acura TL 1999-2000
- For Honda Odyssey EX 2000-2001; For Honda Prelude 1993-2001
- For Honda Prelude Base 1997-2001; For Isuzu Oasis 1996-1997
- For Honda Civic del Sol 1993-1997; For Honda Odyssey 1995-1997
Vehicle Speed Sensor Compatible With Acura CL NSX TL Honda Accord
Why We Loved It
- ▶️ Shielded Wiring for added Protection from the Elements and to Reduce Electrical Noise and Signal Interference
- ▶️ Restores Speedometer condition from Faulty Speed Sensor
- ▶️ Performs as well as OEM at a Fraction of the Cost
- ▶️ Plug and Play Design for Direct Replacement and Ease of Installation
- ▶️ Sealed Wire Connections for Corrosion Resistance
A-Premium Vehicle Speed Sensor VSS With Drive Link Compatible Wit
Why We Loved It
- 【Vehicle Fitment】Compatible with Acura NSX 1993-2005 3.0L & 3.2L; TL 1999-2000 3.2L; CL 1997 2.2L 3.0L; Isuzu Oasis 1996-1997 2.2L; Honda Civic del Sol 1993-1995 1.5L
- 【Perfect Solution】This VSS vehicle speed sensor is best professional solution for the vehicle speed sensor circuit problem with DTC error code P0500, P0501, P0502, P0503, and restore speedometer running or Transmission shift etc, also saves you hundreds of dollars from OE part
- 【Buy with Confidence】1 Year Unlimited-mileage Quality Guarantee—We extremely value your satisfaction and strive to provide you good shopping exprience. Any further question, please feel free to contact us at any time.
- 【Vehicle Fitment】Compatible with Honda Accord 1992-1997 2.2L & 2.7L; Civic 1992-1995 1.5L & 1.6L; Odyssey 1995-1997 2.2L; Prelude 1993-2001 2.2L & 2.3L
- 【Specification】Position: Transmission Shafts; Sensor Type: VSS; Terminal Type: 2 Pins; Driive Link Included: Yes; Reference Part Number: 78410SV4003, 5862039980, 78410SR3003, SC136T, SC136, 5S4591, 911-751
Dorman 911-751 Vehicle Speed Sensor Compatible With Select Acura
Why We Loved It
- Ensure fit – to make sure this part fits your exact vehicle, input your make, model and trim level into the garage tool
- Ideal solution – this sensor is a reliable replacement for an original part that has failed due to fatigue or electrical malfunction
- Direct replacement – this vehicle speed sensor is designed to match the fit and function of the original sensor on specified vehicles
- Durable construction – this sensor is made from quality components to ensure reliable performance and a long service life
- Trustworthy quality – backed by team of product experts in the United States and more than a century of automotive experience
What to Look for Before Buying 1997 Honda Prelude Speed Sensors
When it comes to buying any type of 1997 Honda Prelude Speed Sensors, it is important to consider a range of factors that will help you make the best possible purchase decision. Some key considerations include –
Is the Product Worth the Price You’re Paying?
Before anything else, you will want to consider the cost and whether it is worth paying a premium for. This can help you determine which features are most important to you and ensure that your purchase is a good value for money.
How Long Will These Last?
Another important factor to consider when buying 1997 Honda Prelude Speed Sensors is the product’s durability and longevity. This can help you choose a product that will last for many years without needing to be replaced, saving you time and money in the long run.
Are There Any Significant Cons of Owning One?
Be sure to take any potential downsides into account before making a purchase. It is important to weigh the pros and cons of owning a particular unit so that you can make an informed decision about whether it is right for you or not.
Is the Seller Skimping on Any Important Features?
Sometimes, sellers may try to cut costs by skimping on important features or limiting the warranty or after-sales service. To avoid this, be sure to check what is included in your purchase and ensure that you are getting a product that offers good value for money.
Do Your Research Before Making a Purchase
In order to make the best purchase possible, it is always recommended to do some research ahead of time. This can help you compare different brands and products, read reviews from other customers, and get a better idea of what types of features are available in today’s market. With all this information at your fingertips, you will be able to find the perfect 1997 Honda Prelude Speed Sensors for your needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of speed sensors are used in a 1997 Honda Prelude?
The 1997 Honda Prelude is equipped with a speed sensor that is mounted on the transmission. This sensor uses a magnetic pick-up to detect the speed of the transmission output shaft and sends a signal to the vehicle’s engine control unit (ECU). This signal is then used to adjust the fuel and spark timing for optimal performance.
2. How do I know if my 1997 Honda Prelude’s speed sensor is functioning correctly?
To determine if your 1997 Honda Prelude’s speed sensor is functioning correctly, you should first check the wiring connections for any signs of corrosion or loose connections. If the connections appear to be in good condition, you should then check the speed sensor itself for any signs of damage or wear. You may also want to perform a diagnostic scan of the vehicle’s computer system to make sure the speed sensor is receiving the proper signals from the engine and is correctly interpreting them.
3. What are the symptoms of a bad speed sensor in a 1997 Honda Prelude?
Symptoms of a bad speed sensor in a 1997 Honda Prelude may include: -The vehicle not shifting gears properly or the transmission slipping -The vehicle displaying incorrect speed readings on the speedometer -The vehicle jerking or stalling when accelerating or decelerating -The vehicle’s engine light turning on or flashing
4. What is the best way to clean and maintain a speed sensor in a 1997 Honda Prelude?
The best way to clean and maintain a speed sensor in a 1997 Honda Prelude is to first check the owner’s manual for instructions on how to do it. Generally, the speed sensor should be cleaned with a soft cloth and gentle detergent. Make sure the area around the sensor is free of dirt and debris. Additionally, the electrical connectors should be checked to ensure they are tight and secure. If necessary, the sensor should be lubricated with a silicone lubricant. Finally, the speed sensor should be tested to ensure it is functioning properly.
5. How often should I replace the speed sensor in my 1997 Honda Prelude?
The speed sensor in a 1997 Honda Prelude should be replaced every 50,000-100,000 miles, depending on the condition of the vehicle and the recommendations of the vehicle’s manufacturer. Additionally, it is important to check the speed sensor regularly to ensure that it is in proper working condition.